A family favorite brownie made with beans. There is no flour, white/brown sugar, egg, nor butter, and my daughter and I gobble them up! How on earth could they taste so good? I think it has something to do with the pure Canadian maple syrup and sweet chocolate chips!
Love the Simple Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups black beans (drained and rinsed well)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- pinch uncut stevia OR 2 tbsp sugar OR increase maple syrup to 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup coconut
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- optional: additional chocolate chips for topping, use white chocolate chips for a change
The Best Part
Throw everything (except the chocolate chips) into the food processor.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine all ingredients except chips in a food processor and blend until completely smooth. Blend well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, then pour into a greased 8×8 pan. Optional: sprinkle extra chocolate chips over the top.
- Cook the black bean brownies 15-18 minutes, then let cool at least 10 minutes before slicing.
- Makes 9-12 brownies.